Friday 31 July 2015

Friday... bring on the music...


Image on BuzzFeed
Image and words on Pinterest



as usual
I began my driving part of the day
with classical music
(it soothes the savage driving spirit)

but what was different today was
beneath the haze of fine music
I zoned into some words by the radio announcer

a quote

my music is best understood by children and animals

somehow

I felt
connected

the quote happily haunted
my frantic teaching day
and gave me strength
and gave me different puzzles to play

what did it mean
what did it mean

I found myself
gathering thoughts

somehow
these souls
sense the music
without lessons
without the refinement of
what to appreciate
and what not

somehow these souls
seem to know
more about the music of heaven
than we older varieties can even dream about

where did we take the wrong turn

did we build the wrong journey

did we see the wrong goals

did we let
money
mangle
our mansions
within

till our music
forgot how to play


if only we could find a way
to retrieve
our lost song

our lost chord



No comments: